One of the areas we have specialised in is online services based around knowing where the user is. For example, our walk tracking iPhone application uses GPS location services to plot a track of your walks on open source maps from openstreetmaps.
Another of our sites, dodadog, processes this walk data and displays it on google maps using open source KML renderers from geoxml. Additionally this website personalises the user experience using location based services (LBS) with information derived from current location (via GPS on a mobile phone for example) or geolocation (determining where the user might be based on IP address).
Mindsizzlers has built up considerable expertise in this field and can help you with;
- Using open source maps on the iPhone
- Advanced use of google maps within websites
- Location based services – personalising data feeds by user location
- Advanced use of openlayers mapping
- Geolocation techniques and systems
- Opensource data for GIS systems
Whether you need to show a user everything within a 2Km radius of their current location, plot their movements on a map, or work out where they are, Mindsizzlers has the expertise to bring your ideas to life. Contact us if you would like help with your mapping, tracking or location based projects.